Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My first blog award!

I'm happy to receive my first blog award, given to me by A Quid for the Quill, thank you! Receiving this award requires you to do a few things:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!

So here goes!


Seven things about me:

1. I was born in Trinidad and Tobago and lived there until I was eleven.
2. Sometime between the ages of 8 and 10 I was in a KFC commercial (in Trinidad). It was a lot of fun to shoot a TV ad.
3. I can speak Japanese, having studied it in college for three years.
4. I have an overall interest in Japanese culture which includes Japanese novels, more specifically novels from their post modern period.
5. My middle fingers are slightly crooked at the very top, I believe I inherited this from my father whose pinkies are similarly bent.
6. The shortest amount of time I wrote a novel in was 12 days, and the longest was 5 years (college got in the way).
7. No matter what season it is, I cannot sleep without the fan on, I need the sound of it to help me sleep.

Now, here are the bloggers I am passing the award along to:

1. Hildred
2. K.T. Hanna
3. Weird Scribbles
4. Crystal Collier
5. Write About Nothing
6. Clare LaChance
7. Amy Kennedy
8. Donna K. Weaver
9. Alleged Author
10. Theresa Milstein

Well, unfortunately I only hit ten because so many of my blog followers had already received the award, which is great! =)

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award and thanks for sharing it with me.

    12 days for a novel? Wow! At that rate, you could do 2 NaNoWriMo novels! A KFC commercial too? That must've been cool to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserved it! =)

    I majored in Japanese and have an Associate of Arts in it. Unfortunately I was not fluent when I left and had no one to practice with so I've lost nearly all of it. I would like someday to pick it up again and work toward becoming fluent.

    12 days for a novel? Seriously? That's amazing! You've got to share the story of how you managed that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award and thanks! I majored in Japanese and live in Japan now, but my interest in all of it is pretty non-existent (I pretty much failed my courses thanks to real shoddy teaching styles.) Plus, you know, kanji sucks, etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Amazed you wrote a novel in twelve days, I'd be happy if I could write one in a year! Interesting reading, thank you.

    I'm awarding you your second blog award.

    Nip over to http://firstdraftcafe.blogspot.com/

    to receive it, and find out more. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on receiving the award. Thanks so much for passing it to me :D I've posted my own version up now - feel free to drop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, and wow cool to see others with Japanese connections. Quid for Quid I'm in the same boat, I never had anyone to talk to so I couldn't practice...so I'd just say random things in Japanese to my friends and family anyway, even if they didn't understand me lol

    Hildred...Kanji is a pain! And I think it's cool that you're living in Japan =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks for the award!

    I cannot image penning out a novel in 12 days. What kind of novel was it, and how long? I think the shortest amount of time I've taken to write a novel is 2 years. Guess that's what motherhood does to you eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I'm still stuck on 12 days for a novel. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll share the 12 day novel story in a blog post someday =)

    ReplyDelete