Thursday, September 15, 2011

Liebster Blog Award & Halfway points

Last night I hit the halfway mark with my WIP (around 45k), which of course is something to be happy about (halfway there! woohoo!) yet somehow whenever I reach the halfway mark of a book I always feel a little daunted...maybe because I know it's only half and I have to write just as much as I just wrote before I'm done. Also, when I get to this point I'm also in less of a safe place in terms of knowing what's going to happen yet. See, I'm an outliner, so before I start writing I have all my notes about characters, etc, and I also have a bulleted point list outlining the story, but only about half of it; just enough to make me feel comfortable with starting to write. I never stress that I never have a complete outline before I write,because as I go I know things will change and new ideas will come to me, and that's part of the fun. However, when that outline does run out I get the feeling like...I hope I can keep going long enough to finish the story! Now I'm not hung up on getting to the finish line, or word count, although I do keep it in mind, it's more that I just always hope I don't fall short in having a complete novel. It's both a fun and somewhat stressful place to be in...the stress part is where I'm twirling around in the chair staring at the open document and thinking about getting up to go get a snack...because surely a snack would help. Anyway, I'm halfway there and I'm celebrating...and only stressing very slightly.

Now, on to my second blog award, The Liebster Blog Award, what a great week for me award wise =) This was given to my by, Maria at First Draft Cafe (thank you!), be sure to check her out!

“The basic idea of the Liebster Blog Award is to showcase bloggers with less than 200 followers.” When you get the award, you keep the love going by giving it to 5 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

Once again it was hard for me to get five bloggers because again, many of my followers have already received this award, but here are three blogs I think you should check out, it's always great to read the writing journey of others:

Weird Scribbles
Lyla Lee
J.R. Williams

5 comments:

  1. Yay on both counts! Exciting news! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I just reached the halfway on my WIP a few days ago, and I feel the same way - a little excited and a litte daunted. Tonight I made myself complete the outline of the second half. I'm actually posting about it later in the week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Alexia - glad to know I'm not the only one who gets that 'excited yet daunted' feeling =)

    ReplyDelete