I've been happy to meet my fellow writers in the Urban Fantasy group in Rachel Harrie's Platform Building Campaign, and I thought it'd be good to put together a post that we could use to get to know each other a little better, so I thought up some questions. Feel free to answer some or all; I'm looking forward to getting to know more about everyone. If you come up with additional questions please ask!
*Edit* - I couldn't not answer my own questions right? So here goes:
1) How long have you been writing?
I've been writing since I was very young, but in terms of writing novels I started my first novel at fourteen and haven't stopped since.
2) Are you currently working on a novel?
I have ideas...I'm hoping they work themselves out soon so I can write!
3) What stage of the query/publishing process are you in?
I'm currently doing heavy editing/revisions on my last novel and gearing up to do a second round of querying which includes a re-submission to an agent that had previous requested a partial.
4) What do you think about self publishing? Would you ever do it?
I believe in self publishing although I find the marketing aspect of it daunting. I have self published two of my novels, Black Eden and Wasteland Rhapsody (see links at the side)
5) What kinds of things inspire you in your writing?
Anything! A random thought, something I overhear, something I see on television...
6) What is your favorite book? (or favorite books)
I have a few several books spanning from my childhood through adulthood. These include The Secret Garden, Wuthering Heights, and The Sound of Waves
7) What are you currently reading? (or what is the most recent book you've read?)
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
8) What upcoming novels are you looking forward to?
Mastiff by Tamora Pierce
9) When you're not writing, what do you like to do?
I love reading, drawing, painting, graphic design, sewing, baking, cooking, watching T.V., music...etc.
I'll add more questions if I think of them. I'd also like to think of other things we can do as a group that could be fun, so any suggestions would be great! So far I've come up with: a group story (I did this during another blogfest and it was fun), or helping each other workshop our first pages/opening lines/query etc.