Friday, August 26, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

I feel like I'm in the calm before the storm in two ways. First, we're literally bracing for impact here in NYC for hurricane Irene. I've prepared for it as much as I could, and now all I can do is wait it out and hope the hurricane won't be the worst it could be. First an earthquake, now a hurricane. Real busy natural disaster week for NYC...

The second "calm before the storm" scenario is more figurative. I feel like there's a story in my head trying to get out. I've had so many ideas flit in and out of my mind but now I'm in that weird area where I have the itch to write but the story hasn't quite worked itself out yet. And I can't find the time I need to sort it out. But I will, because I always do. Can't wait for both these storms to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment