Monday, September 9, 2013

Juggling projects and loving it

I'm not used to juggling more than one writing project at a time, but after a lull I guess it's time to go full speed ahead. First, I'm super excited to share that my novel, Black Widow Witch, will be published by Etopia Press. The manuscript is currently in the hands of my editor, but I should be getting it back shortly, and I'm looking forward to diving in and shaping up the novel as best as I can. I'll be sure to share more details, including the cover and release date, as soon as I know! Want to know what it's about? Read the blurb here.

On the other hand, I'm currently ghost writing a novel for someone -- something I have never done before. I can't share any details on it, but it's an urban fantasy, and I'm very excited about the storyline. Writing this book has been a bit slow though, because I find myself in the unusual place of not really knowing what the bigger picture is yet. Usually I have ideas that can cover at least a few chapters ahead, but this story is very much a page by page affair, I have some ideas of where I want to go, but they aren't concrete enough where I feel like I can just fly with it. A lot of thinking and assessing and feeling stuck going on here, but I will get through it. I'm used to a rapid fire pace when it comes to writing my novels, so maybe it's time to do a slow and steady pace.

Which brings me to my next project, a WIP I started many months ago and then drifted away from. It was my first foray back into writing YA fantasy, and I was really excited about it, but although I didn't hit a wall or anything, I put the project aside. Recently I was hit with suddenly inspiration and started writing again, and am excited about it all over again, so I'm happy to be working on it along with my other projects. I just love having a finished product, so I'm looking forward to seeing this one through. It's been fun to get back into YA.

Then there's the sequel to Affairs of the Dead, which has been stalled at the halfway point for a while now. It was difficult getting off the ground with this sequel, and getting through it has proven to be difficult as well. Right now the best thing to do would be to leave it on the back burner because I know I need to give it 100% attention, which I can't do while I'm working on three other projects. So as much as I'd love to finish it soon, I think I will wait until I'm finished editing Black Widow Witch and have possibly finished the other two projects as well. Then I will once again dive back into Selene's world of ghosts and their unfinished business.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great AJ. Wow, I envy the chance to be a ghost writer. I think I'd like the experience.

    Good luck with all the projects.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! It's hard to keep up sometimes, but I'm trying!

      Delete