Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This and That

I've sort of dropped the ball with blogging in the new year, I've had a lot going on, in just about every aspect of my life, and didn't have much heart for blogging. Hoping that will change, I'm going to actively remind myself that I have a blog and find things to blog about damn it! Anyway, here's a little update on my writing life.

I spent January working on editing Affairs of the Dead. I still don't have a release date for it yet, but I'm fairly certain it will come on in the spring, which I am of course excited about. Working with my editor was pretty painless, thankfully, and I think the book is being whipped into even better shape. I sent it back a couple days ago and can't wait until we have a final product. In the meantime I think I will sink my teeth back into the YA project I started in December but put on the back burner to work on Affairs. This one won't be one of my knock out in ten days books however, definitely more along the lines of slow and steady, but I'm itching to write, and excited to be working on a YA novel after so many adult Urban Fantasies. I'm having a  lot of fun with it.

Oh, and I also created an author page for Affairs of the Dead, would love for you all to check it out and add it to your TBR list, I promise it's awesome =)

Goodreads Author Page

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on nearly having the final product of Affairs of the Dead! And have fun working on your YA novel~ slow and steady is the way to do it for me. I've never been one of those "knock out 50,000 words in 2 weeks" kind of gal. There are times that I WISH I was, but that kind of word count production just isn't in me. It's my addition to getting enough sleep~ holds me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy and are making great progress, AJ. Nothing to be ashamed of there--sometimes the blogging takes a backseat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I have it added! I need to read more Urban Fantasy now that I've decided I'm better at writing it than Epic...

    ReplyDelete